20 facts about me!

When I considered writing this post, I initially thought that there was no way I could fathom twenty different things about myself.

I think openness and a sense of transparency is important if I am to resonate with readers. As strangers, I want my writing to reach you, I want you to be able to feel connected to what you are reading, and for that to happen, perhaps you should be able to come to know me a little bit better. So here is a list of twenty very random things about me:

1. I am a mother to two little boys who are two and five years of age.
  2. I have four cats, Phoebe Kit Marie, Gordo, Juniper Moon and Fern Graves.
  3. I got my name when my mother (Who’s middle name is Samantha) loved the character Samantha, portrayed by Alyssa Milano, on Who’s the Boss. I later went on to love Charmed, and named my cat, Phoebe, after Alyssa Milano’s character on the show. Phoebe’s full name comes entirely from the show Charmed, Kit the cat, and Holy Marie Combs name contributing.
  4. I am a March born Pisces, through and through. While some people don’t subscribe to the zodiac signs, and some simply don’t fit the preconceived molds, I am undoubtedly a Pisces.
  5. I am currently, and unbelievably, 29 years old.
  6. I am married to my best friend. We have been married for five years and have our two lovely boys to show for it.Fotor_152313267822498[1]
  7. I have written a number of books, all of which are not published and need serious rewriting.
  8. I love horror and true crime books and movies.
  9. I have never broken a bone.
  10. I co-moderate a book club.
  11. I love house plants, especially the ones I can hang that grow long.
  12. I would love to live in the snowy woods one day.
  13. My top three favorite visual artists are Dark Town Sally, Esao Andrews, and Alex Kuno.
  14. I have moved 18 times.
  15. My favorite author is Holly Black.
  16. My top three favorite illustrators are Brian Froud, Tony DiTerlizzi, and Stephen Gammell.
  17. I suffer from agoraphobia and anxiety.
  18. I have never been stung by a bee.
  19. My least favorite food is Mushrooms.
  20. My favorite band is Circa Survive.

If you’ve made it to the end, tell me three things about yourself in the comments below!

12 Comments

1. Neveen Badr says:

I love Holly Black too and suffer from anxiety.

My 3 not-so-secret things:
    1. I’m a semi-vegetarian.
    2. I am an archery (Olympic bow).
    3. I broke my right foot’s little toe twice.

P.S. I just wonder if you are soft of a Goth?

Liked by 1 person

• thepagegypsy says:

Semi-vegetarian? I’m pescaterian, so I will eat seafood but no other types of meat, if that counts as being the same thing? Archery is brilliant and so fun, I’ve done nothing official or impressive with it, but what I did fiddle with I loved! Poor little toe, and soft Goth works. Lol! Not to the death Goth, but pretty sure I classify 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• Neveen Badr says:

I think pescaterian is the same, but I eat eggs and drink milk from time to time or else my doctor shall have me beheaded. Oh! I am happy you came across what I believe is yoga with arrows. And ditto, we are soft Goths, like the classy literary part mixed with witchy touch.

P.S. I am re-watching the old Charmed before the CW re-boot.

Liked by 1 person

• Neveen Badr says:

Did I mention that cheesecake is something I would kill for, so I’ sticking with a pescaterian life!
      All hail the Classy literary witchy goth who should give a serious Instagram photo styling advice.
      P.S. Even with a professional Canon, I am a photography disappointment.

Liked by 1 person

2. thepagegypsy says:

Have you tried chocolate cheesecake!!? Photo styling advice!!? I’m flattered, but not sure I know much about what I’m doing. Lol! I do have some very picky habits I could share for sure, and don’t you cut yourself down like that my dear! I see nothing disappointing when I look at your photos ❤

• Neveen Badr says:

I have tried it and Oreo cheesecake is heavenly, the idea softens my heart.
      Maybe because I’m bloody picky and never be satisfied with my work, I aim to perfect things which is part of the anxiety circle. Still, share your advice if you wish, those are majestic books and cats art.

Liked by 1 person

• Neveen Badr says:

Thus, we shall eat Orea cheesecake in the morning, they should be a sonnet dedicate to it. Anxiety is the worst thing, but it’s the curse of emotional and creative people. Please share your secret. Also, I added your blog to my blogroll (http://www.seraphinareads.com/p/blog-roll.html).

Warning, the blog is so bright and light because it was the only free branding available with calligraphy fonts.

Liked by 1 person

• thepagegypsy says:

Yes, also have you heard of the book Finding Your Bipolar Muse? It discusses the correlation between mental health and creativity! I thought it was really interesting. No way, thank you!! I’m going to have to check out your blogroll tonight while I’m on my computer for blog edits (on my phone for replies currently) bright is just fine, the calligraphy part sounds pretty, I’m excited to see 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Neveen Badr says:

It’s on how to master depressive thoughts and turn them into art, I must get myself a copy. I can’t wait for your reaction to my blog. Hopefully, you will like it. I’m trying to find my writing voice and style again after that I have stopped posting for a whole year.